The Current Awareness in Aging Report (CAAR) is designed to provide researchers, educators, and professionals in the field of aging with up-to-date information about news and internet resources that are pertinent to the field. CAAR is composed of two elements.
First, is the E-Clippings service. The E-Clippings provides subscribers with a weekly email message that highlights important news stories related to aging. Because newspapers do not maintain stories on their internet sites for more than a few days, the E-Clippings is not designed to be an archive. Instead, the E-Clippings is a snap shot of the latest news in the field.
The second component of our service is the CAAR Blog site. The CAAR Blog is designed to highlight new resources available on the internet. The Blog highlights a variety of resources:
- Data releases and update.
- Reports and articles from government and non-government sources.
- Working papers, books, and press releases.
- Conference, employment, and grant announcements.
- Journal tables of contents.
- Updates in the bibliographies of major aging-related studies.
The Blog is updated on a daily basis, and you can monitor the Blog using your RSS feed reader. In addition, you will receive a weekly reminder about new content on the Blog (this reminder is generally sent out on Thursday afternoon).